6 Tips To Boost Your ProductivityBeing that it is Monday, I thought it would be a great idea to talk about some tips and tricks to boost productivity throughout the day. We all know Mondays can be a challenge, but it doesn’t always have to be.
When your alarm goes off on Monday morning it is all you can do to roll out of bed right? I know it is for me. The idea of an 8a meeting filled with topics that could have been sent out via email and read in under 5 minutes, is annoying. However, what I have learned is that there are a few tricks out there that really do help you to have a more productive day or week.
6 Tips To Boost Your Productivity
- Podcasts: Do you know that we spend about 6 weeks per year in the car driving to work? Did you know most of us listen to the same radio stations during that time? Make a change; there are a multitude of mini podcasts available that cover literally any topic you can imagine. The one that I really enjoy listening to when I have a short commute is Smart Passive Income. It’s an awesome podcast discussing entrepreneurial ideas and has fabulous resources. Fill up that time with something productive. This podcasts is full of interesting business concepts and are sometimes even funny!
- Evernote App: This is an incredible app that I’ve only recently discovered! Now, I use the app for almost everything! It is capable of saving audio and text notes, setting reminders, uploading attachments, and organizing photos and more. It also allows you to sync it across multiple devices. In addition, you can also find articles or clip items from the web and store them for the future. It saves time and resources.
- StayFocused: StayFocused is an unpaid extension for Chrome that will limit the amount of time that you can spend on websites that are deemed as time wasters, like Facebook. The tool can be customized to fit whatever you need. You are able to choose which websites to block, pick specific pages to be blocked, and how long to block them for. This is especially great when you tend to get side-tracked and before you know it you it the whole day is gone!
- IFTTT, standing for If This Then That, lets you craft “recipes” that allow for various apps and services to connect and work together. So for instance, you can say If (it is going to rain tomorrow) then (email myself a reminder to grab an umbrella). The recipe does endless combinations and really is a cool productivity app.
- Fall off the grid. Today, it is super easy to get distracted by all the noise that is around us. We have access to anything and everything with the touch of a phone/computer. When was the last time you turned off all your electronics and just enjoyed your own company? Try it! Carve out an hour or two per week where you fall off the grid. Get creative, write, read or just sit. Regardless, you’ll be surprised how simulated that time can make you and therefore how ultimately it can boost your productivity in return.
- Write a Stop-Doing list: We’re all so consumed with what we need to-do. However, when was the last time you wrote out what you should stop doing? At the top of the week, jot down what you want to encourage yourself to stop doing. Then, come back the following Sunday and see if you’ve achieved it. For me, my stop-doing would include – going to bed past 11:30p, drinking coffee after 10a, eating anything past 7p. (I’ll keep you posted on how those progress 😉
Do you have additional apps, ideas, tools you use to stay organized or be productive? If you liked this article, then you may also like the one I wrote about 3 Ways To Combat The Common Cubical Curse.
P.S. Shop the look below! The entire look is from our online boutique, Never Naked Boutique. The navy romper is only $46, the bag and sunglasses are sold out. However, here are some similar choices for the sunglasses and the bag.